The ‘GInvest’ feature (“GInvest”) on the GCash App is made possible by partnerships between G-Xchange Inc. (“GXI”) and its partner product providers (“Product Providers”), with back-end processing enabled by Seedbox Technologies, Inc. (“Seedbox”), with office address at 8th Floor, 8 Rockwell, Hidalgo Drive, Rockwell Center, Makati City, Philippines. The Product Providers are listed, along with their product/s, in the product list screen of GInvest.
The following are the terms and conditions of GInvest. By clicking on ‘Confirm’ and proceeding in your access of this feature on the GCash App, you are signifying that you have read, understood, and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. You also undertake to periodically visit and review these terms and conditions for updates and changes, and agree to be bound by its subsequent updates, revisions, or modifications. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions, please refrain from using GInvest.
These terms and conditions are also available for viewing on the webpage of GInvest on the GCash website.
Definition of terms
- “GInvest registration” or “registration” refers to the process a user must undergo upon initial use of the feature, wherein the user is required to answer standard pre-investing questions
- “Unit Investment Trust Fund” or “UITF” is an open-ended pooled trust fund denominated in pesos or any acceptable currency, which is operated and administered by a trust entity and made available by participation. The term Unit Investment Trust Funds is synonymous to common trust funds (CTFs). Investors participate in a UITF by purchasing its units at the Fund’s Net Asset Value per Unit (“NAVPU”), which is updated daily. UITFs are regulated by the BSP.
- “Mutual Fund” or “MF” is a company that pools the funds of individuals and institutional investors to form a massive asset base which is entrusted to a full time professional fund manager who develops and maintains a diversified portfolio of security investments. Investors participate in an MF by purchasing its shares or units at the Fund’s Net Asset Value per Share or Unit (“NAVPS” or “NAVPU”), which is updated daily. MFs are regulated by the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
- “Product” refers to an investment product provided and maintained by GXI’s Product Provider partner, and is made available via GInvest
- “Product application” refers to the process a user must undergo to be able to invest in a specific product of an Product Provider, which includes reading, understanding, and agreeing to be bound by the product’s terms and conditions
In proceeding with the questions asked during the registration and product application processes of GInvest, you are agreeing and consenting to your personal information being collected, shared, and released to Product Provider/s whose products you will choose to invest in. This information includes your Risk Profile Questionnaire answers, FATCA information, mobile number, first name, last name, email address, mother’s maiden name, birth date, address, and zip code, and such other information relevant to your investing in the product of the Product Provider/s.
Registration and Product Application
Registering for GInvest requires you to provide answers to standard pre-investing questions. During registration, you represent and warrant that the information you provide are true, correct, and up-to-date. You also agree that GXI will not be liable for any claims, liabilities, suits, actions, complaints, injuries, or damages, directly or indirectly arising from third party, caused by incorrect information that you provided.
In addition to registering for GInvest, you are required to apply to a Product Provider to be able to invest in their product. This application process involves understanding, consenting, and agreeing to be bound by the terms and conditions of the product. Upon confirmation, GXI will share your registration information and other KYC details previously disclosed to GXI to the Product Provider. The Product Provider will then have the prerogative to either approve or reject your application to invest in their product, and may ask for additional requirements from you in order to aid in their assessment.
Terms of investing
A UITF or MF is valued according to the current market value of the financial instruments in its balance sheet (“marked-to-market”). UITFs and MFs are not deposit products and are not insured by the Philippine Deposit Insurance Corporation (PDIC). Returns cannot be guaranteed by the Product Provider nor GXI as a service provider. Any historical Net Asset Value per Unit/Share (NAVPU/S) is for illustration of NAVPU/S movements or fluctuations only. When redeeming, the proceeds may be worth less than the original investment and any losses will be solely your account. GXI and/or Product Provider are not responsible or liable for any losses from financial market movements.
For buy orders/subscriptions:
Minimum – specified per product in the product screen within GInvest
For sell orders/redemptions:
GInvest has no minimum or maximum sell amounts implemented within the app. However, GInvest requires users to maintain a minimum amount per fund as outlined below:
||Minimum Maintaining Balance
|ATRAM Peso Money Market Fund
|ATRAM Total Return Peso Bond Fund
|ATRAM Philippine Equity Smart Index Fund
|Philippine Stock Index Fund
|ALFM Global Multi-asset Income Fund
|ATRAM Global Tech Feeder Fund
|ATRAM Consumer Trends Fund
If a user wishes to place a sell order that will cause the remaining balance to fall below the maintaining balance, the order will be rejected. The user may opt to sell a lower amount or may sell their entire investment balance instead.
Additionally, only one redemption or sell order can be placed at a time per investment fund. Should you wish to place another redemption, you must wait for your earlier placed redemption to be confirmed first.
Transaction cut-off times
Redemption or sell transactions are processed in accordance with the operating memorandum (for UITFs) or prospectus (for MFs) of the Product Provider for a particular product. Information on settlement dates are included in the disclosures displayed before the user places a redemption transaction and to which a user must agree before confirming the order.
Fund restrictions for US Persons
US Persons are restricted from investing in the ATRAM Global Consumer Trends Feeder Fund, the ATRAM Global Technology Feeder Fund, the ALFM Global Multi-Asset Income Fund, and/or the Philippine Stock Index Fund. In line with this, GXI reserves the rights to the following:
- Block US Persons from buying units of investments from these funds using GCash
- Request any US Persons currently invested in such funds to fully redeem their investments
For this purpose, U.S. persons shall mean:
- a U.S. citizen
- any natural person resident in the United States;
- any partnership or corporation organized or incorporated under the laws of the United States;
- any estate of which any executor or administrator is a U.S. person:
- any trust of which any trustee is a U.S. person;
- any agency or branch of a foreign entity located in the U.S.;
- any non-discretionary account or similar account (other than an estate or trust) held by a dealer or other fiduciary for the benefit or account of a U.S. person
- any partnership or corporation if (i) organized or incorporated under the laws of any foreign jurisdiction; and (ii) formed by a U.S. person principally for the purpose of investing in securities not registered under the U.S. Securities Act of 1933, as amended (the “Securities Act”), unless it is organized or incorporated, and owned by accredited investors (as defined in Rule 501 (a) of the Securities Act) who are not natural persons, estates or trusts
GXI provides and maintains the GCash App, which contains GInvest and is responsible for resolving customer queries about the feature.
The Product Providers, which provide and maintain the investment products, are responsible for resolving all customer queries on their respective products.
Exclusion from liability
GXI makes no warranty, express or implied, regarding GInvest on the GCash App.
GInvest is offered on an “AS IS”, “AS AVAILABLE” basis without warranties of any kind, other than warranties that are incapable of exclusion, waiver or limitation under the laws applicable to this Agreement. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, GXI makes no warranty: (1) as to the content, quality or accuracy of data or information provided by GXI hereunder or received or transmitted using GInvest; (2) as to any service or product obtained using GInvest; (3) that GInvest will be uninterrupted or error-free; or (4) that any particular result or information will be obtained.
GXI shall not be liable for any loss, cost, compensation, damage or liability to you or any third party arising from, directly or indirectly, or as a result of any or all of the following:
- You are unable to perform or complete any transaction through the use of Globe or TM enabled mobile phones due to service/ system/ line unavailability.
- Any delay, interruption or termination of a transaction whether caused by administrative error, technical, mechanical, electrical or electronic fault or difficulty or any other reason or circumstance beyond GXI’s control (including but not limited to acts of God, strike, labor disputes, fire, disturbance, action of government, atmospheric conditions, lightning, interference or damage by third parties or any change in legislation).
- Any misrepresentation or fraud by or misconduct of any third party, such as but not limited to owners, employees or GCash agents.
- Decrease in value of investment product you are invested in due to financial market movements.
- Adverse financial position of Product Provider/s.
- Any of your interactions or transactions with, or your act or omission in relation to, other users.
In the event of any action that the GCash user may file against GXI, the GCash user agrees that GXI’s liability shall not exceed ONE THOUSAND PESOS (PHP1,000.00) or the amount of the damages actually suffered by the GCash user, whichever is lower.
Prohibition of use
GXI reserves the right to cancel, suspend, limit, or modify your use of GInvest, if it finds you to be in violation of these terms and conditions, other relevant agreements, or any law, regulation, or issuance from a competent legal authority without need of any prior notice.
Suspension of GInvest and partnership termination
We reserve the right to suspend or terminate this service and any contractual relations with you upon notice. In case you have breached any term or condition herein, we may suspend, terminate, or in any way modify our Services and our contractual relations without notice.
In the event of the termination of a partnership between GXI and a Product Provider causing the Product Provider’s product to no longer be accessible via GInvest, the user will still be able to access his/her investment in the product by transacting with the Product Provider directly.
Intellectual property rights
You acknowledge and agree that the materials on GInvest, including without limitation, the text, software, scripts, graphics, photos, and the like, and the trademarks, service marks and logos contained therein, are owned by or licensed to GXI, and are subject to copyright and other intellectual property rights under Philippine laws, foreign laws and international treaties and/or conventions. GInvest may display certain trademarks belonging to third parties. Use of these trademarks may be subject to license granted to us by third parties. GXI reserves all rights not expressly granted herein to GInvest and the aforementioned materials, and these may not be used without GXI’s express written consent.