Help Build Classrooms By Donating to Hope In A Star
You may have already heard the dismal news: in the 2018 Programme for International Student Assessment (PISA), a renowned student assessment of 15-year-old students across 79 countries, the Philippines ranked dead last in reading literacy, and second last in mathematics and science. The assessment further noted that we need interventions for our socio-economically disadvantaged students and schools.
This wake-up call couldn’t be any more clear: we have to do everything to improve our educational system.
One organization has made it their mission to answer the call. Hope In A Star believes that we can all help build a hopeful future for Filipino children by providing them a safe, comfortable and engaging learning environment. According to the Department of Education (DepEd), classroom shortage is one of our major problems: 22 million Filipino children are currently enrolled in public schools, and 1 out of 7 classrooms at these schools are in a poor state of repair. The country needs 85,000 classrooms to meet the gap in classroom shortage. Hope In A Star has built 91 and counting.
How can you help?
Any amount you donate to Hope In A Star goes 100% towards building more public school classrooms. These classrooms are identified, built, and donated in partnership with DepEd’s Adopt-a-School Program.
Every P20 donation buys a brick and a raffle entry to win your preferred one-of-a-kind experience with these HOPE celebrities:
How to donate
- Visit https://hopeinastar.com/#donate.
- Choose your preferred HOPE experience or HOPE celebrity.
- Fill in your details and the donation amount, then click “Donate Now”.
- Choose GCash as your payment option.
- After being directed to a GCash login page, input your GCash mobile number, authentication code, and GCash MPIN.
- Review your donation details, then tap “Confirm”. You will be informed once your donation has been successful.
Your donation is crucial in improving the learning conditions of millions of Filipino students all over the country. Help us build 85,000 classrooms and make a donation today!