Promo Period: December 1, 2021- January 31, 2022
Mechanics: Users who claim their Western Union remittance using GCash during the promo period can get a chance to win P5,000 and P25,000 in the December and January promo periods! Users must claim at least P1,000 worth of remittance in a single transaction to qualify. Each qualified transaction counts as one raffle entry.
Terms and Conditions
1. The promoters of this Promotion are “Western Union Financial Services, Inc.” with principal address at 11F One World Square, Upper McKinley Road, McKinley Town Center, Fort Bonifacio Taguig City and “G-Xchange Inc. (GXI)” with address at 8F W Global Center Building, 9th corner 30th Avenue, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City 1634 respectively(“promoters”).
2. Promotion is open to all verified GCash users.
3. This Promotion commences on 12:00am (PHT) on 1 December, 2021 and ends at 11:59pm(PHT) on 31 January, 2022 (“Promotion Period”). Transactions after 11:59pm (PHT) on 31 January, will not be eligible for the Promotion.
4. All Eligible Participants who, during the Promotion Period, cash in or receive money in Gcash via Western Union® Money TransferSM services with a Money Transfer Control Number (“MTCN”) and with a minimum transaction amount of P1,000, are eligible to one raffle entry (“Qualified Transaction”). At the end of the December promo, 20 winners of P5,000 each will be randomly chosen. While at the end of January promo, 5 winners of P25,000 each will be randomly chosen. A participant who has already in the previous month is still eligible to win in the next draw.
5. Eligible Participants may avail of the Promotion as many times as they want during the promo period.
6. Eligible participants may avail of the promotion more than once. Transactions that have been unsuccessful, or otherwise not processed shall not be eligible for the Promotion.
7. Winners for December raffle will be notified no later than January 14, 2022 via SMS and January winners shall be notified no later than February 14, 2022. The winnings will be automatically seeded to their GCash wallet within the same period.
8. Taxes shall be shouldered by the Promoters and no liability shall be incurred to the Promoters in connection with the Promotion once the winner(s) enjoys any benefit relating to the Promotion of the full extent permitted by law. The promoters will be responsible for any matters arising from or in connection with the prizes, services, and/or information they provide. Any enquiry or complaint regarding the prizes, services, and/or information should be directed to the promoters.
9. If this Promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the promoters, including but not limited to technical difficulties or failures, unauthorised intervention or fraud, vandalism, power failure, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strikes, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, or any other causes beyond the control of the promoters, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, the promoters reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any Eligible Participant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Promotion, as appropriate to give effect so far as reasonably possible to the original intent of this Promotion.
10. Nothing in these terms and conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Consumer Act of the Philippines (RA 7394). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the promoters (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion. Subject to any applicable laws which cannot be excluded, the promoters and its related bodies corporate and agents associated with this Promotion shall not be liable for any loss, damage or injury suffered or sustained by anyone (including, but not limited to, direct or indirect loss, consequential loss or loss arising from negligence) arising directly or indirectly out of or in connection with this Promotion or any prize provided as part of this Promotion.
11. Acceptance of any prize, benefit and/or offer provided by the promoters will be deemed as consent by the winner(s) to take part in any related publicity and using their name, likeness, image and/or voice for advertising and other promotional purposes without compensation, except as otherwise prohibited by any applicable law.
12. The promoters collect personal information (“PI”) in order to conduct the Promotion and may, for this purpose, disclose such PI to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors, service providers, prize suppliers and, as required, to regulatory authorities. Entry is conditional on providing this PI. The promoters will also use and handle PI as set out in its Privacy Statement, which can be viewed on the Western Union website (http://www.westernunion.com/sites/us/legal/privacy-statement.page) and the Gcash (https://www.gcash.com/app/v1.0.0/terms-and-conditions). The Privacy Statement also contains information about how
13. Eligible Participants may opt out, access, update or correct their PI, and how Eligible Participants may complain about a breach of their privacy or any other applicable law and how those complaints will be dealt with. The promoters will not disclose Eligible Participant’s personal information to any entity outside of the country in which it was originally collected. A request to access, update or correct any PI should be directed to the promoters.
14. To the extent that there is any inconsistency between these terms and conditions and other marketing materials or collateral produced in relation to this Promotion, these terms and conditions will prevail.