What is Cash for Medical Costs?
GInsure in partnership with Singlife offers Cash for Medical Costs – a comprehensive yet affordable plan that provides cover against high medical costs due to Critical Conditions. For as low as Php 126/month or Php 1,241/year, policy owners can get coverage benefits for up to Php 1,275,000. Its multi-level benefit covers daily hospital allowance, critical condition diagnosis benefit, and medical cost reimbursements for surgery and treatment for you and your loved ones.
Is Cash for Medical Costs a yearly renewable product?
Yes, this product is auto-renewed yearly, as long as not cancelled.
Am I qualified to avail this?
- You can buy this if you are:
- 18 to 54 years old
- a fully-verified GCash user
- able to Pass Singlife’s simple lifestyle & health questions and not suffering from any existing or pre-existing conditions
- a Filipino citizen or a foreigner who is a legal resident of the Philippines.
This product can be only availed via the GCash app.
What are the benefits of this product?
- Daily Hospital Cash Benefit – get daily hospital allowance when confined at a minimum of 2 days. Up to 3x daily hospital cash benefit if confined in an Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
- Critical Condition Diagnosis Benefit – get cash benefit if you are diagnosed with a covered critical condition, whether early, intermediate, or late stage.
- Late-Stage Critical Condition Diagnosis Benefit – get a cash benefit if you are diagnosed with a covered late-stage critical condition.
- Medical Reimbursement for Late Stage Critical Condition – Get your surgery expenses reimbursed for the same late-stage critical condition that was diagnosed.
Depending on your needs, you can choose your coverage from Bronze, Silver and Gold packages:
Note: Premium depends on benefit mix, take-home income, mode of transportation, occupation type, age, and health factors.
Who can I cover?
This product can cover you and your loved ones. When you buy a policy for yourself, you may opt to cover up to 6 dependents.
The following can be your beneficiaries or dependents:
- Legal Spouse, aged 18 to 54 years old;
- Life Partner, aged 18 to 54 years old, if you both do not have any legal spouse;
- Legitimate and/or illegitimate children, aged 30 days old to 22 years old, of any of the following: the Policy Owner, the Insured Dependent Spouse or Insured Dependent Life Partner.
Your dependents must also be in good health, not suffering from any existing or pre-existing conditions. Your dependents must also be a Filipino citizen or a foreigner who is a legal resident of the Philippines.
For individuals aside from the qualified dependents mentioned above, they can still buy for themselves through the GCash App.
* Life Partner can be of the same or opposite sex.
How does it work?
Here’s a sample benefit for a man, aged 30, and pays for xxx monthly for x years:
For more info, check out Cash for Medical Costs Product Details in the GCash app.
How many policies can I buy?
You can buy as many policies from Singlife as you want, as long as the total benefit amount of all policies does not does not exceed the following maximum Benefit Amount limits:
- Daily Hospital Cash Benefits – Php 5,000 per day
- Any Stage Critical Condition Diagnosis Benefit – Php 500,000
- Late Stage Critical Condition Diagnosis Benefit – Php 2,000,000
- Medical Reimbursement Benefit for Late Stage Critical Condition Diagnosis Benefit – Php 2,000,000
How do I purchase this?
STEP 1. Login to your GCash app, then click the GInsure icon.
STEP 2. Choose Singlife product “Cash for Medical Costs”.
STEP 3. Review the product details, then click GET STARTED.
Make sure to read details about product Benefits, Premiums, Family Plan, What’s Covered, What’s NOT Covered.
STEP 4. Review your details, then click ‘NEXT’
STEP 5. Select who do you want to cover, then click “Next”.
STEP 6. Answer eligibility question, then click “Next”.
STEP 7. Answer some health & lifestyle questions to get a quotation, then click ‘Get my Quote’.
STEP 8. Select your preferred coverage, then click “CONTINUE..”. You can review the benefits breakdown by clicking ‘View Benefits’.
STEP 9. Choose how you want to pay, then click ‘Next’.
STEP 10. Review & confirm the details you’ve chosen, then click “Next”.
STEP 11. Make sure you read and understand the health declarations, Terms & Conditions, Exclusions & Limitations, Acknowledgements & Declarations.
Click the tick box stating you’ve read and agree with the documents and declarations. Then, click ‘Confirm and Pay.’
STEP 12. Pay the required premium.
STEP 13. Congratulations! You’re now covered with Cash for Medical Costs.
When will my coverage start?
Your coverage starts immediately after you receive confirmation that we have received the payment.
Add: 90 days waiting period
Please take note of things that we do not cover below – don’t worry, we kept it to a minimum.
Will I receive a copy of my policy?
After you’ve completed the application and payment, we’ll send you an e-Policy within 24 hours. It will be delivered to your registered email address, as well as available in the GCash app’s Policy Page. It’s a digital document that you may save, print, or email.
Am I covered outside of the Philippines?
Yes, you are covered for confinements, diagnosis, treatments and surgeries even when you are travelling outside of the Philippines. We will pay the benefits as follows:
- Daily Hospital Cash Benefit – The confinement allowance will be paid.
- Any Critical Condition Diagnosis Benefit – Full benefit amount will be paid.
- Late Stage Critical Condition Diagnosis Benefit – Full benefit amount will be paid.
- Medical Cost Reimbursement for Late Stage Critical Condition – We may re-assess the expenses payable for Medical Cost Reimbursement Benefit to a comparable amount in Philippine Peso had it been administered in the Philippines. The total amount to be paid will be subject to the maximum benefit amount for Medical Cost Reimbursement Benefit.
All payments will be paid in Philippine Peso, applying the conversion rate at the time of payout, if applicable.
How do I pay for my insurance?
We will automatically deduct the amount for payment from your GCash wallet on the premium due date. Please make sure you have enough balance in your GCash wallet to keep your policy active.
When is the monthly premium payment schedule available?
The monthly premium payment schedule is available for coverage with a yearly premium of at least Php 1,000.
Any yearly premium below Php 1,000 will automatically be available in yearly premium payment schedule only.
What happens if I do not pay my premium on time?
If we are unable to deduct your premium on its due date due to insufficient fund in your GCash wallet, your policy may terminate. Hence, we encourage you to keep track of your premium due dates so during the scheduled deduction dates, your GCash wallet has sufficient funds. However, if we failed to deduct your premium on its due date because of insufficient fund, you have a grace period of 31 days from the premium due date to make sure your GCash wallet has enough funds.
Can I cancel my policy?
If you cancel your policy within 15 days after you receive it (via email or through the Policy Page in your GCash app), we will return all premiums paid. Your policy is considered received after we have sent the e-Policy to your registered email.
If you cancel your policy after 15 days from the time that you received your policy, your refund will be subject to the following:
- Monthly Premium schedule: The cancellation will be effective on the next monthsary and no premium refunds will be made.
- Yearly Premium schedule: The cancellation will be effective on next monthsary, if you cancel within the first 6 months upon policy effective date and on the next premium due after the 6th month. The premium refund will be subject to the table below:
Premium Refund (for Yearly Premium Schedule)
How do I file a claim?
To file a claim, you may email email@example.com or call +632-8299-3737.
How are the benefits paid out?
Upon approval of claim, benefits may be paid out to the claimant’s Gcash account or preferred bank account.
How long would it take before I receive my benefit?
Upon receiving the complete requirements, we aim to process your claim within 5 business days.
If I already claimed for Any Stage Critical Condition Diagnosis Benefit, and it progresses to a covered Late Stage Critical Condition, what can I claim?
An approved Any Stage Critical Condition Diagnosis Benefit will be considered an advance payment of the Late Stage Critical Condition Diagnosis Benefit if the Critical Condition is:
(1) an Early or Intermediate Critical Condition; and
(2) related to the Late Stage Critical Condition that will be paid under the Late Stage Critical Condition Diagnosis Benefit.
This means that the Late Stage Critical Condition Diagnosis Benefit that we will pay you, will be the benefit amount for Late Stage Critical Condition Diagnosis Benefit minus the Any Critical Condition Diagnosis Benefit we have approved thus far, if applicable.
What happens if one of my benefits terminate, do I still have to pay for it?
If one of your benefits terminates because you already made a claim and it was approved, or the benefit terminates for reasons aside from you are not paying the premium due, you no longer have to pay for the benefit. The premium for that benefit will not be included in your next premium due date.
How will my Beneficiary/ies file for a claim in case I pass away?
Your beneficiary/ies may email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at +632-8299-3737 and we will guide your beneficiary/ies on what documents to submit and how to get them.
I have more questions or concerns. What do I do?
You may chat with us, email email@example.com, or call +632-8299-3737.
Exclusions – What GInsure–Cash for Medical Costs will not cover :
- Confinement, diagnosis or surgery due to an illness that happens within the ninety (90) days from the date you purchased the policy
- Confinement, diagnosis or surgery due to any the following:
- a Pre-Existing Condition; or
- suicide or any attempted suicide, while sane or insane; or
- any intentionally self-inflicted injury; or
- any illegal or unlawful act, or any attempt to perform any illegal or unlawful act committed by you; or
- while you are in an aircraft or submarine except if as a fare-paying passenger in a commercial aircraft; or
- voluntary taking, inhaling or absorbing of poison, gas or fumes; or
- accidents arising from the effects of alcohol or improper use of drugs or narcotics; or
- any nuclear, biological, radioactive or chemical contamination; or
- engagement in any dangerous or risky sports or hobbies; or
- mental, nervous, or manifested sleep disorders or any other complications arising from such.
- Confinement or surgery due to any of the following procedures or treatments:
- intentional abortion, sterilization of either sex, circumcision, sex transformations, or any complication thereof; or
- cosmetic or plastic surgery, any dental work, eye or ear examination, except if necessary for the repair or the alleviation of damage caused solely by an Accident; or
- HIV, AIDS, and AIDS Related Complex, except if as a covered critical condition.
- Confinement or the purpose of any of the following:
- bed rest or rest cures; or
- rehabilitation; or
- hospice care, a special kind of care that focuses on the quality of life for people who are experiencing an advanced, life-limiting illness; or
- pregnancy related confinements that happens within one (1) year from the effective date or date of last reinstatement of the Policy.
- Services that are provided are free of charge.
- Conditions that are not a covered critical condition or surgeries that are not Covered Surgeries.
What are the covered Critical Conditions?
A Critical Condition may be classified as Early Stage, Intermediate Stage, or Late Stage. The Critical Conditions are considered related to each other if they belong to the same Group.
The following are Child Related Critical Conditions, which are only payable if the insured is between thirty (30) days old and seventeen (17) years old at the time of diagnosis (including when signs or symptoms are first experienced).
What are the surgeries that are payable under Medical Cost Reimbursement for Major Critical Condition Benefit?
The following are the surgeries that are payable under Medical Cost Reimbursement for Major Critical Condition Benefit:
- Benign Brain Tumor
- Coronary Artery Bypass Surgery
- Heart Valve Surgery
- Major Cancers
- Major Head Trauma
- Major Organ/Bone Marrow Transplantation
- Surgery to Aorta
- Kidney Transplantation