GInsure Bill Protect Group Personal Accident Insurance Policy
Group Policy Number: GCASH00011
- PLEASE READ THIS POLICY
- SECTION 1 – INSURING AGREEMENT
- SECTION 2 – DEFINITIONS
- SECTION 3 – BENEFITS
- SECTION 4 – EXCLUSIONS
- SECTION 5 – GENERAL CONDITIONS
- Privacy Statement
- Contact Us
- About Chubb in the Philippines
PLEASE READ THIS POLICY
Please review this Group Policy and return immediately to Insurance Company of North America (a Chubb Company), hereinafter called the “Company”, if any errors are found.
SECTION 1 – INSURING AGREEMENT
In consideration of the statements in the policy application or other acceptable means of enrollment, which shall be the basis of this contract and whose original copy or proof is filed with the Company, and made a part of this Group Policy, upon the payment of premium and subject to all the exclusions, provisions and other terms of this Group Policy, the Company hereby insures the persons named, hereinafter called the “Insured”, against loss indicated as covered in the Policy Schedule occurring during the term of this Group Policy.
IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the Company has caused this Group Policy to be executed and commenced on the Effective Date stated in the Policy Schedule, provided that no insurance shall be in force unless the Policy Schedule is signed by an authorized representative of the Company.
(The Insurance Commission of the Philippines, with offices in Manila, Cebu, and Davao, is the government office in charge of the faithful execution and enforcement of all laws relating to insurance and has supervision over insurance companies. It is ready at all times to render assistance in settling any controversy between an Insurance Company and an Insured relating to insurance matter.)
To be eligible for cover, the Insured must be a Philippine Resident and between the ages of eighteen (18) years and seventy -five (75) years on the Effective Date of the Group Policy.
SECTION 2 – DEFINITIONS
The following terms when used with capital letters in this Group Policy shall have the meaning set forth below:
1. Accident or Accidental means a sudden, external and identifiable event that happens by chance and could not have been expected from the perspective of the Insured. The word Accidental shall be construed accordingly.
2. Accidental Death means death occurring within one hundred and eighty (180) days from the date of the accident as a result of a Bodily Injury.
3. Benefit Amount means the benefit amount payable by the Company as stated in the Policy Schedule.
4. Bodily Injury or Injury means a bodily injury resulting solely and directly from an Accident and which occurs independently of any illness or any other cause, where the bodily injury and Accident both occur during the Period of Insurance and while the person is an Insured. Bodily Injury includes illness or disease resulting directly from medical or surgical treatment rendered necessary by any Bodily Injury.
5. Company or Us or Our or We shall mean Insurance Company of North America (a Chubb Company).
6. Confirmation of Cover shall mean the document in PDF copy issued by the Company to the Insured which describes in general the insurance protection to which the Insured is entitled to under the Group Policy. The Confirmation of Cover can be accessed by the Insured via the unique link indicated in the Short Message System (SMS) sent through the Policyholder’s GCash system. Any Confirmation of Cover in effect when the Group Policy is cancelled, non-renewed or otherwise terminated shall continue to be in effect for the period of coverage specified in the Confirmation of Cover.
7. Event(s) means the Event(s) described in the relevant Table of Events set out in this Group Policy.
8. Effective Date means the date on which this Group Policy commences as stated in the Policy Schedule.
9. Expiry Date means the date on which insurance under this Group Policy expires or ends as stated in the Policy Schedule.
10. Fingers, Thumbs or Toes means the digits of a Hand or Foot.
11. Foot means the entire foot below the ankle.
12. Group Policy means this policy wording, the policy application, the Confirmation of Cover and the Policy Schedule describing the insurance contract between the Policyholder and the Company. It shall also include, after this Group Policy has taken effect, any amendment, rider, clause, warranty, endorsement or any other document attached to this Group Policy and which has been endorsed by an executive officer of the Company and countersigned by the Policyholder.
13. Hand means the entire hand below the wrist.
14. Insured means a GCash App user who enrolls his bill payment transaction for insurance cover under this Group Policy and pays the corresponding premium due using the policyholder’s GCash App.
15. Limb includes a hand or foot.
16. Loss means in connection with:
(a) a Limb, Permanent physical severance or Permanent total loss of the use of the Limb having lasted twelve (12) consecutive months and at the expiry of that period is beyond hope of improvement;
(b) an eye, total and Permanent loss of all sight in the eye;
(c) hearing, total and Permanent loss of hearing;
(d) speech, total and Permanent loss of the ability to speak;
(e) Hand, Foot, Fingers or Toes, loss of use of or Permanent severance through or above a metacarpophalangeal metatarsophalangeal joint; and which in each case is caused by Bodily Injury.
17. Period of Insurance means the period of time between the Effective Date and the Expiry Date as shown in the Confirmation of Cover, and for which cover applies under the Group Policy.
18. Permanent means having lasted twelve (12) consecutive months from the date of the Bodily Injury and at the expiry of that period, being beyond hope of improvement.
19. Permanent Total Disablement means where in the opinion of a Physician, the Insured is entirely and continuously unable to engage in, perform or attend to any occupation or business of any and every kind for the remainder of their life and said disability is Permanent.
20. Philippine Resident means a Filipino citizen or a Philippine permanent resident.
21. Physician means a doctor or specialist who is registered or licensed to practice medicine under the laws of the country in which they practice. A Physician cannot be: (a) the Policyholder; (b) the Insured; (c) a relative of the Insured, a member of the immediate family of the Insured.
22. Policyholder means Globe Fintech Innovations Inc., doing business as Mynt.
23. Policy Schedule means the relevant policy schedule attached to this Group Policy issued by the Company to the Policyholder.
SECTION 3 – BENEFITS
A. ACCIDENTAL DEATH BENEFIT
If the Insured suffers Accidental Death, the Company will pay the Accidental Death Benefit Amount specified in the Policy Schedule or Confirmation of Cover at the time of the Accident causing the Insured’s Accidental Death. The Company will pay the Accidental Death Benefit Amount to the person or persons then surviving in the order or preference as indicated under the provision entitled “To Whom the Benefit is Payable”.
B. PERMANENT DISABLEMENT BENEFIT
If the Insured suffers an Event as set out in the Table of Events as a result of a Bodily Injury and a Physician certifies this, the Company will pay the Insured the Permanent Disablement Benefit limit specified in the Policy Schedule or Confirmation of Cover at the time of the Accident causing the Bodily Injury. The Company will pay the Permanent Disablement Benefit Amount to the Insured.
Table of Events
The maximum total amount the Company will pay under the Permanent Disablement Benefit is the sum specified in the Policy Schedule or Confirmation of Cover and no further benefits are payable under this Group Policy or any renewal or replacement policy.
Any existing disability will be taken into account in assessing the amount of benefit payable.
SECTION 4 – EXCLUSIONS
This Group Policy will not apply to any Event arising, directly or indirectly, out of:
1. deliberately self-inflicted injury, suicide, criminal or illegal act;
2. being under the influence of alcohol or unprescribed drugs;
3. engaging in any professional sport, meaning, Insured’s livelihood is substantially dependent on income received as a result of Insured’s playing sport;
4. engaging in any motor sports as a rider, driver and/or a passenger;
5. any consequences of, or the Insured taking part in, any war (whether declared or not), invasion, rebellion, insurrection, civil war, riot or civil commotion;
6. engaging in military duty with any armed forces of any country or international authority or while on duty in any paramilitary, police, police auxiliary of firefighting organization;
7. engaging in (or practicing for, or taking part in training particular to) aqualung or scuba diving, climbing or mountaineering necessitating the use of ropes or guides, pot holing, parachuting, hang-gliding, winter sports or racing other than on foot;
8. being a pilot or crew member (on active duty) of any aircraft, or engaging in any aerial activity, including parachuting and hang-gliding, except as a passenger in any properly licensed aircraft;
9. illness, disease, bacterial or viral infection, even if contracted by accident, other than bacterial infection that is the direct result of an accidental cut or wound or accidental food poisoning; or
10. provoked or unprovoked murder & assault.
Sanctions Exclusions Applicable to this Group Policy
This Group Policy does not apply to the extent that trade or economic sanctions or other laws or regulations prohibit us from providing insurance, including, but not limited to, the payment of claims. The Company is a branch of a US company and Chubb Limited, a NYSE listed company. Consequently, the Company is subject to certain US laws and regulations in addition to EU, UN and local sanctions restrictions which may prohibit it from providing cover or paying c