Next, verify your account using a valid ID and a selfie so you can access all GCash features and services. Here’s how:
- Open the menu and tap ‘Verify now’
- Select ‘Get fully verified’
- Choose a valid ID from the list
- Take a clear photo of your ID and tap ‘Submit’
- Take a quick selfie–don’t worry, we won’t show anyone!
- Fill out all the requested information, making sure that it matches your government ID
- Review your information and make sure that they are complete and correct
- Tap ‘Confirm’. You should receive a message with the result of your application in a few minutes.
Lastly, all you need to do before you can start paying bills, buying load, sending money, and more is to add funds to your GCash wallet. You can Cash-In by linking your bank account, using your bank apps, visiting a GCash Partner Outlet, or using a Cash-In machine. Here’s how:
Link your bank account
- Log into the GCash App and tap ‘Cash-In’
- Select the bank account you want to link
- Enter your account details and follow the steps to link your account
- Once you’ve linked your account, you will be able to see it under ‘My Linked Accounts’ on the Cash-In page
- To Cash-In to your GCash wallet, simply tap on the linked account of your choice
- Enter the amount you want to transfer and confirm!
Reminder: Some banks may require a One-Time-PIN (OTP) when linking or cashing-in from your account. Do not share your OTP with anyone. GCash will never call or text to ask you to share your account information.
Cash-in using your bank apps
- Log in to your bank’s mobile app or website
- Start a transfer to another bank and select ‘GCash’ or G-Xchange Inc.’
- Use your GCash-registered mobile number as the account number
- Enter the transfer amount and confirm the transaction
Reminder: Some banks may charge a small transaction fee, but most are offering free transfers during the quarantine. Make sure to check your bank’s policy first to avoid unexpected charges.
If you don’t have a bank account or if your bank account is not enrolled in online banking, you may also do Over-the-Counter Cash-Ins through a GCash Partner Outlet:
- To start, visit one of our Cash-In partners. See the full list here: https://www.gcash.com/available-cash-in-partners-2020/
- At the store, approach the cashier or customer service counter
- Fill out the Cash-In form or let them scan your Cash-In barcode on the app. To generate a barcode, tap ‘Cash In’ > ’View All’ for Over the Counter options > ’Generate Barcode’
- Give your payment and wait for your receipt.
If you have a TouchPay or Pay&Go machine near you, you can also try Cashing-In by following the steps below:
- Select GCash Cash-In on the machine screen
- Enter your 11-digit GCash number and cash-in amount
- Insert your cash payment
- Get your receipt from the machine
Now that you’re done setting up your GCash account, it’s time to learn how to do your errands with GCash — in the comfort of your own home.