GCash Jr. Terms and Conditions
Welcome to GCash Junior!
GCash Junior is an electronic wallet specially designed for teens (“Minor”) to help them develop good money habits. Subject to these terms and conditions (“Terms”), GCash Junior allows the Minor to access non-age restricted GCash products and services, such as pay bills, buy load, pay QR, offline cash in, online payments, book movies, send money, cash out, send to bank, online bank cash-in, international remittance, and GLife. The GCash products and services made available to minors may be modified by Gcash from time to time.
Please read these Terms prior to completing the registration for a GCash Junior account. It shall be the parent, legal guardian, or other person exercising parental authority over the Minor who allows, authorizes, and consents to the opening of the Minor’s GCash Junior Account who shall be principally responsible over the account and wallet as well for the Minor to read and understand and deemed to accept these Terms and explain to the Minor the use of the GCash products and services.
As used in these Terms, “GXI”, “GCash”, “we”, “us”, and “our” refer to G-Xchange, Inc. and its directors, officers, employees, affiliates, representatives, partners, successors and assigns. “Customer”, “User”, “you”, and “your” refer to the Minor and the parent/guardian, or other person exercising parental authority over the Minor who allows, authorizes, and who has given consent to the registration and use by the Minor of GCash Junior. “GCash Group” refers to (i) G-Xchange, Inc., (ii) Fuse Lending, Inc., (iii) Globe Fintech Innovations, Inc., (iii) their affiliates and subsidiaries, (iv) their business partners, service providers, and other third-party partners contracted by it for the purpose of conducting its business operations, and (v) their respective, officers, employees, agents, and representatives.
These Terms shall govern how you may access and use GCash Junior and all other associated services (collectively, “GCash Services”). By registering to GCash Junior, you accept and agree to be legally bound by these Terms. If you do not understand or do not wish to be bound by these Terms, you cannot access or use any or a portion of the GCash Services.
These Terms shall be effective, valid, and binding from the time of your registration and shall remain valid and existing up to the time that it is terminated by you or us, save for those provisions that will survive and remain effective after termination as stated in these Terms or pursuant to law or regulation.
GCash reserves the right to modify these Terms at any time without any advance notice. Any changes to these Terms will be effective immediately upon posting on GCash App and GCash website, with an updated effective date. By accessing or using the GCash Services after any changes to these Terms, you signify your agreement on a prospective basis to the modified or revised Terms.
- Minor should be 7 to 17 years of age
- Minor’s ID (School ID, Passport, National/PhilSys ID)
- Verified GCash account of parent/guardian
- Parent/guardian selfie with Minor’s ID
- Parent’s/guardian’s valid government-issued ID
- Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) Minor’s Birth CertificateIn case of death or absence of the parent/guardian, consent may be exercised by the following persons in the order indicated:
- Oldest sibling, over 21 years of age
- Actual custodian of the minor, over 21 years of age
The above persons exercising parental authority over the Minor may submit the above requirements in place of the parent/guardian.
If the consent and submission of requirements are provided by persons other than the parent of the Minor, GXI will require the following documents as proof of relationship with, or parental authority over, the Minor:
- If consent is given by grandparent: PSA birth certificate of parent; death certificate of parents (in case of death of parents) or notarized affidavit (in case of absence of parents)
- If consent is given by oldest sibling at least 21 years of age: PSA birth certificate of sibling; death certificate of parents (in case of death of parents) or notarized affidavit (in case of absence of parents and grandparents)
- If consent is given by a legal guardian or actual custodian: a letter of guardianship issued by court or a notarized affidavit of guardianship and barangay certificate of residency of the Minor and the actual custodian.
REGISTRATION AND VERIFICATION PROCESS
- You undertake to accomplish the GCash Junior registration and verification process and submit the documentary requirements specified above in support of your GCash Junior registration (“Supporting Documents”). You certify that the data and information you have provided during the GCash Junior registration are true and correct as of the date of submission. You also certify, represent, and warrant the authenticity of the Supporting Documents.
- You agree that in the event of any misinformation, misrepresentation, or failure on your part to disclose information required in the GCash Junior registration may cause GCash to reject your GCash Junior registration or deactivate your access to GCash Junior and GCash Services.
- You represent and warrant that the provided information and documents are true, correct, and complete in all material respects. You authorize GCash to conduct verification to establish the accuracy, completeness, and authenticity of the information and Supporting Documents you have submitted to GCash.
- You agree that GCash may send you short messaging services (SMS); mobile, email, or app alerts and messages for you to confirm your GCash Junior registration; to verify other information in connection with such registration; or for other purposes in connection thereto. GCash may opt to complete such verification through phone calls should it deem necessary. GCash has the right to reject your GCash Junior registration or deactivate your access to GCash Junior and/or GCash Services should you fail to reply to these messages that require your confirmation within the prescribed period specified in the message.
- You shall release and hold GCash free and harmless from any claims, demands, or liabilities of whatever kind or nature in connection with, or arising from the registration and verification process or disclosure of your information in connection with such registration unless such claims, demands, or liabilities are due to fault solely attributable to GCash.
THE PARENT / GUARDIAN / OTHER PERSON EXERCISING PARENTAL AUTHORITY
- The GCash Junior account shall be in the name of the Minor and shall be linked to the GCash account of the parent, guardian, or other person exercising parental authority over the Minor. In opening a GCash Junior account, you declare that the GCash Junior account is being held for the benefit and use of the Minor named in the registration.
- You understand and give your full consent to the linking of your personal GCash account and the Minor’s GCash Junior account. You acknowledge that GCash may manage transactions between the two accounts electronically.
- You agree that, upon reaching the age of emancipation (18 years old), the minor shall have full control and accountability of his GCash account and will be given access to all GCash services. In this case, the linking of your personal GCash account and the Minor’s GCash Junior account shall cease.
- You acknowledge that the minor’s GCash account shall be automatically deactivated in the event the parent’s/guardian’s GCash account will be deactivated or terminated for whatever reason.
- You warrant that you are the person exercising parental authority over the Minor and you allow, authorize, and give consent to the opening by the Minor of a GCash Junior account. You further give consent to the association of your GCash account to the Minor’s GCash Junior account.
- You agree that even with parental/guardian consent, the parent or guardian who has given consent to the registration and use by the Minor of GCash Junior shall remain to be the GCash account or GCash owner of the GCash Junior account and shall be bound by these terms and conditions.
- You are authorized to receive account details and information from GCash, either orally or in writing, and any information related to the Minor’s account. Any change in the GCash Junior account details shall be subject to your approval.
- You shall be liable for all acts or omissions of the Minor, connected with or arising out of the opening, ownership, or use of the GCash Junior account. You shall be responsible for any injury or damage to GCash or another party caused by the Minor in the course of or arising from using the GCash Junior Account.
- You warrant that you have read and explained these Terms and Conditions to the Minor, and that they understand the same.
- You agree to defend, indemnify, and hold GCash and all other persons acting on its behalf, free and harmless from any liability whatsoever arising from the use by the minor of the GCash Junior Account, and any and all liability whatsoever that may arise from the foregoing.
DATA PRIVACY CONSENT
You hereby give your consent to GCash Group (as defined below) to process, collect, store, your Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Information (collectively “Personal Data”) obtained from you in the course of your transaction(s) with GCash Group. You understand and agree that your Personal Data and that of your may be disclosed or shared by GCash Group to its members for know-your-client, cross-selling, marketing, or profiling (manual or automatic) purposes to offer and provide new or related products and services of the GCash Group. Further, you hereby give your consent to any member of the GCash Group to process, collect, use, store, share or disclose your personal information or sensitive personal information to third parties for legitimate purposes, or to provide services to you or implement transactions which you may request, allow, or authorize in compliance with the requirements of the Data Privacy Act.
You confirm that you understand and agree that your information may continue to be processed, collected, used, stored, or disclosed for ten (10) years from your last transaction date with any member of the GCash Group or until the expiration of the retention limits set by applicable laws, whichever comes later. You further acknowledge that you have read and understood GCash’s Data Privacy Notice.
You undertake to comply with all applicable provisions of (i) AMLA Laws consisting of Republic Act No. 9160 or the Anti-Money Laundering Act, Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP) Circular No. 706, Series of 2011 or the Updated Anti-Money Laundering Rules and Regulations, and the BSP Circular No. 950-17 or the Amendments to Part Eight or the Anti-Money Laundering Regulations of the Manual of Regulations for Banks and Manual of Regulations for Non-Bank Financial Institutions; (ii) Republic Act No. 10168 or The Terrorism Financing Prevention and Suppression Act of 2012; (iii) Republic Act No. 11479 or the Anti-Terrorism Act of 2020; (v) Republic Act No. 9372 or the Human Security Act; (vi) Batas Pambansa Blg. 881 or the Omnibus Election Code of the Philippines; (vii) Act No. 3815 or The Revised Penal Code of the Philippines; and (viii) their respective amendments and implementing guidelines, rules, and regulations. GCash reserves its rights and remedies under these Terms and applicable laws for any violation of these laws.
By registering to GCash Junior, you hereby certify and confirm that you have read, understood, and agreed in full to these Terms and the GCash Terms and Conditions (the “GCash Terms and Conditions”) and have fully understood and agreed to be governed by the provisions thereof, as well as the rules and regulations of Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas, Anti-Money Laundering Council, the Bureau of Internal Revenue with respect to taxes imposed on your transactions relative to your use of the GCash App. You also hereby affirm the features, requirements, risks, and benefits of the GCash Services. You further declare that you have fully understood and agree to be governed by the rules and regulations of each of the GCash products and services you are availing. You also acknowledge that the GCash Terms and Conditions were made available to you upon registration, and copies were posted on GCash’s website.
You further undertake to promptly notify GCash should there be a change in the relationship with the minor such as guardianship or parental authority over the minor has ceased for whatever reason. In the latter case, you agree that GXI, at its sole discretion, may subject the minor’s account to another verification process.
Unless loss or damage is solely attributable to GCash’s gross negligence, GCash shall not be liable for any loss or damage sustained by you or any other person by reason of your use of GCash Junior or relative to your transactions using the GCash App, the risk for all are assumed by you. By registering, you authorize GCash to disclose information necessary for the execution of your GCash transaction and you agree that GCash shall not be liable for any loss or damage that you may sustain or incur arising from, or in connection, with the disclosure of any such information. You authorize GCash to collect/debit from your wallet any and all applicable fees and charges relative to the processing and implementation of this transaction.